SALON September 2017
1. Mici Boxell, Cowboy Hats and Hands, 2017, digital print, courtesy of the artist. Punctum Caecum: Mici Boxell, an exhibition by La Trobe creative arts honours student and winner of the 2016 Julie Miller Markoff Visual Arts Award. La Trobe Art Institute, Bendigo 121 View Street, Bendigo (VIC), 9 September – 15 October – latrobe.edu.au/art-institute
2. Jan Davis, Solomon, 1995, digital print artist book seven volumes in slipcase, ed. 2 of 10, 14.7 x 9.4 x 14cm. Image courtesy of the artist. Winner of the 1995 FAC Print Award. Fremantle Arts Centre Print Award, 1 Finnerty Street, Fremantle (WA), 22 September – 11 November 2017 – fac.org.au
3. Bill Henson (born Australia 1955) Untitled 2011/12. Inkjet print, ed. 3/5, 127.0 x 180.0 cm. National Gallery of Victoria, Melbourne. Gift of William Donald Bowness through the Australian Government’s Cultural Gifts Program, 2016 (2016.731). © Bill Henson. Art Gallery of Western Australia, Perth Cultural Centre, Perth (WA), 16 September – 11 December – artgallery.wa.gov.au
4. Gregory Pryor, Looking Glass, 2017 (detail). watercolor, charcoal, Balga (Xanthorrhoea preissii) resin and glass on paper 1585 sheets, dimensions variable. Courtesy of the artist. Gregory Pryor – Looking Glass, Art Gallery of Western Australia, Perth Cultural Centre, Perth (WA), 2 September 2017 – 15 January – artgallery.wa.gov.au
5. Julie Chislett-Duffus, Receding floodwater, Nyah Forest. Julie Chislett-Duffus, Purple Noon, Swan Hill Regional Art Gallery, Horseshoe Bend, Swan Hill (VIC), until 15 October 2017 – gallery.swanhill.vic.gov.au
6. The Virtual Reality Fringe @ The VIrtual Reality CInema. Featuring over 20 VR film works from local and international filmmakers, and VR Filmmaker spotlight nights. 178 Johnston Street Collingwood (VIC), 16 September – 1 October 2017 – virtualrealitycinema.com.au
Want More? See all of the SALON Pictorial Features we have run to date.