SALON Dec 17 – Jan 18
COVER: Tony Albert, Kieran Lawson and David Collins, Warakurna Superhero #1 2017, C-type print, 100 x 150 cm. Image courtesy of the artists, Sullivan+Strumpf and Warakurna Artists. In Cahoots: artists collaborate across Country, Fremantle Arts Centre, 1 Finnerty St, Fremantle (WA), until 28 January 2018, FREE ENTRY – fac.org.au
1. Jessie Yvette Journaud-Ryan with her winning work, Nowhere is a Destination too 2017, ceramic, grout. 2017 Burrinja Climate Change Biennale Award, Burrinja, cnr Glenfern Road and Matson Drive, Upwey (VIC), until 11 February, 2018 – burrinja.org.au
2. Lin Onus, Kaptn Koori 1985, comic book cover. & 3. Jade Kennedy, Through the Artists Eyes. Marramb-ik, Bunjilaka Aboriginal Culture Centre at Melbourne Museum, Nicholson Street Carlton (VIC, until 18 February 2018 – museumsvictoria.com.au
4. Oscar Wilde’s The Nightingale and the Rose, Dirs. Del Kathryn Barton and Brendan Fletcher. Prod. Aquarius Films, 2015. Swan Hill Regional Art Gallery, Del Kathryn Barton: The Nightingale and the Rose, Horseshoe Bend, Swan Hill (VIC), until 28 January 2018 – gallery.swanhill.vic.gov.au
5. Art Orientè Objet (Marion Laval-Jeantet & Benoît Mangin), May the Horse Live in Me! 2011, film and relics of original performance, New Alchemists, Curated by Dr Alicia King, Devonport Regional Gallery, 45-47 Stewart Street Devonport (TAS) 9 December 2017 – 7 January 2018 – devonportgallery.com
6. THISISPOPBABY, RIOT, part of Midsumma Festival, Arts Centre Melbourne, Fairfax Studio 100 St Kilda Road Melbourne (VIC), until 9 February 2018 – midsumma.org.au/program/riot18
Want More? See all of the SALON Pictorial Features we have run to date.